Where do you find inspiration for your fashion range?
Well, before diving in, the first thing to think about is: Are you doing a high fashion/ high-trend range or a range that reflects your personal style and market needs?
Your sources of inspiration will significantly depend on your answer to this question. So, this is the first thing to work out.
I have been asked numerous times about what’s in fashion whenever I attend social gatherings. Well, that used to make a lot more sense many years ago when everybody followed the same fashion. But that has changed now. In today’s world, people don’t really follow fashion trends, instead they have their own personal style which may incorporate parts of fashion trends.
So, you need to be clear about the importance you give to fashion trends and the latest on the catwalks when producing and marketing your fashion range. If you are focused on the latest trends, then it is essential to stay at the forefront of the latest fashion movements which can be expensive and challenging at the same time as you need to make sure you rotate your collections on a regular basis (every 3-6 months).
Whether you have a high fashion trend range or a range that reflects your personal style, I’m here to help you find inspiration for your next fashion range. Watch my latest video on how to approach inspiration based on the type of label you have and what steps to take.
Are you looking at local manufacturing but it just seems a bit too hard. Get your FREE Guide: The 7 Myths of Getting Your Fashion Label Made Locally.
This guide will help you understand why your journey to get your product made has been made more difficult.
This Guide is for you if…
- You have been calling manufacturers but no one seems to be calling you back.
- You have a great idea-but you don’t know what to do next
- You have tried overseas but it seemed like a waste of time and you want an easier way to communicate to get the right samples
- You are feeling overwhelmed by the process of starting your label and all the work involved
- You had a tech pack made but need help with the rest of the process
- You have knowledge on how to start a business but as to how to make the clothes, you are lost’
- You are confused about where to even begin
- You tried overseas but communication and timing is so hard and they are struggling to get things right