Did you know that there are many factors that can affect your final profit margin? What goes into the cost of garments?
As a designer, there are a number of things you do to reduce your garment costs, but something that can have a big impact with this, is fabric width.
I recently had a budget meeting with one of my mentees who was looking at using a narrow width fabric. We discovered that if he changed to a wider fabric, he could go with something more expensive and it would not affect the final price point!
Watch the video below to find out how you can start to understand how different fabric widths can affect your profit margin and what you can do to help reduce the cost of your design. And how we help our clients make these important decisions.
Do you follow us on instagram? Follow us @samplerom over the next few weeks, as I continue to discuss these factors.
Are you looking at local manufacturing but it just seems a bit too hard. Get your FREE Guide: The 7 Myths of Getting Your Fashion Label Made Locally.
This guide will help you understand why your journey to get your product made has been made more difficult.
This Guide is for you if…
- You have been calling manufacturers but no one seems to be calling you back.
- You have a great idea-but you don’t know what to do next
- You have tried overseas but it seemed like a waste of time and you want an easier way to communicate to get the right samples
- You are feeling overwhelmed by the process of starting your label and all the work involved
- You had a tech pack made but need help with the rest of the process
- You have knowledge on how to start a business but as to how to make the clothes, you are lost’
- You are confused about where to even begin
- You tried overseas but communication and timing is so hard and they are struggling to get things right