Are you considering starting your own fashion label? If so, you might be surprised to learn that designing is just a small part of the process. In fact, design only makes up about five percent of the fashion creation process. There’s a whole world of non-design work that goes into launching and running a fashion label, from development and production to sourcing fabrics and handling costing sheets. It can be overwhelming, but with the right support and preparation, you can navigate the fashion business maze and make your dreams a reality.
The idea of designing all day every day is one of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to starting a fashion label. However, after the initial design stage, there’s a lot more work to be done. This is often the point where people start to feel overwhelmed when they didn’t anticipate what was involved in the other stages of the process.
Many essential elements integrate to transform a design on paper into a tangible piece of clothing. These factors include development, production, sourcing fabrics, and working out production prices. This side of business can be confusing and technical, especially if you are not used to it.
As fascinating as the creative side of fashion can be, launching and running a business in this industry takes grit, determination, and tenacity. You may feel overwhelmed, but there are ways to navigate through the haze. The key is understanding ahead of time what you’re getting into and finding the right support from industry veterans.
To Learn More On this Topic,
When you encounter trials in your fashion entrepreneurship journey, it is invaluable to have someone that can give you practical advice because they’ve been through the same situation. What a relief it is to lower the overwhelm by having knowledgeable experts to help guide you along the way!
In reality, much of fashion label management revolves around number crunching and schedules. Therefore, it’s essential to have somebody who excels in the technical side of things, like creating spreadsheets, producing forecasts or production schedules.
Starting a fashion label might seem like a daunting prospect – and in truth, it can be – but with the right support, preparation, and the right dash of grit, you can tackle it head-on. As for fondness for the creative side of fashion, well, that’s just a bonus.
Don’t be discouraged, remember, the reality of starting any business is that there is usually more work behind the scenes than what is initially perceived. This is why we have created the ‘Start Your Fashion Business’ Workshop, to give you full transparency before you get started. This is a FREE workshop that will guide through the steps to success.
Get started today by clicking the link – https://sample-room.mykajabi.com/SYFBW_Signup
Last chance to get your ticket for the
START YOUR LOCAL FASHION BUSINESS WORKSHOP
Are you looking to start and grow a successful fashion label from scratch? Register for my free workshop for fashion designers where I help you understand the steps to starting your own clothing label.
- The 5 Reasons why NOW is the BEST time to Create a Locally Made product.
- The 7 Different business models of product launch growth. We’ll show you how you can start ASAP on a low budget.
- The 6 Biggest Mistakes to Avoid When Manufacturing Locally
- The Essential 6 steps to developing and manufacturing your label from Scratch (missing even ONE of these can put you on your back foot)
- Discover YOUR Fashion Business Superpower
- How to Market Your Unique Label
- How to find the IDEAL Customers who will LOVE your design and Get Quick Feedback on Your Idea
- The Fashion Business Success Blueprint to Successful Fashion Label Development and Manufacturing (this is EVERYTHING you need to know)
- How We Can Help You Create Your Label
- Dozens of Examples of Labels that are Thriving (and what they did to succeed)
Join the ‘Start Your Fashion Business’ Workshop which is valued at $920 but FREE today. It’s not too late – Sign up today!