We all love an inclusive industry; I was lucky enough to be invited to a wonderful inclusive fashion parade this week. But unfortunately, not everyone in the fashion industry feels included.
I often see pattern makers, makers and manufacturers being excluded and not given as many opportunities as offered to designers within the public sphere. I see this as a serious issue that needs to be addressed in our country. If we don’t celebrate the people making the clothes and always push them to the side, who will want to stay in the industry and do the work? The back end of the fashion industry needs to receive the same recognition and inclusion as the front end.
Have a listen to today’s video where I discuss this HUGE issue that we need to address quickly for the survival of our fashion industry.
Are you looking at local manufacturing but it just seems a bit too hard. Get your FREE Guide: The 7 Myths of Getting Your Fashion Label Made Locally.
This guide will help you understand why your journey to get your product made has been made more difficult.
This Guide is for you if…
- You have been calling manufacturers but no one seems to be calling you back.
- You have a great idea-but you don’t know what to do next
- You have tried overseas but it seemed like a waste of time and you want an easier way to communicate to get the right samples
- You are feeling overwhelmed by the process of starting your label and all the work involved
- You had a tech pack made but need help with the rest of the process
- You have knowledge on how to start a business but as to how to make the clothes, you are lost’
- You are confused about where to even begin
- You tried overseas but communication and timing is so hard and they are struggling to get things right