Junior Patternmaker/ Workroom Junior
We are looking for our next valuable team member.
An exciting opportunity to join our team as a junior in a pattern making/sample making business is available to the right candidate. Are you a hands on fashion graduate who likes the creation of a garment? We are looking for an energetic, motivated team member to bring their enthusiasm to the table. Ideally you will be friendly, fun, hardworking, results orientated person,who thrives on every aspect of fashion. Where you the best in class?
THE ROLE / DUTIES
This exciting Jnr role involves the daily duties of a pattern making and sample making business in a dynamic fashion service business working with multiple labels.
Your confident, friendly, enthusiastic, self-motivated and conscientious personality will be a benefit to our team. You’d be described as a courteous, mature team player with high standards and attention to detail which will help support the team. You must like the challenge and enjoy working with sample makers in house to create design solutions for multiple clients.
We are looking for someone to become a permanent member of our team so if you think you have what it takes in this role in assisting the pattern maker in work room duties, cutting patterns and fabrics, basic pattern making, assisting in-house machinists, customer service, photography, illustrator sketching, assisting the production mananger, research and general workroom assistance where needed then a permanent position is available to the right candidate.
This is a junior role, Industry education and experience is required. Work as a garment tech is preferrable. If you believe you are a quick thinker with an eye for detail, a logical mind and a willingness to do what every it takes to produce a great results, then please apply.
- Basic pattern making knowledge
- Basic sewing skills
- Customer service values and skills
- Illustrator knowledge
- Solid computer skills
- Excel and Word knowledge communication skills.
- Outstanding multi-tasking and time management skills.
- At least 2 yrs working in a technical role in the industry
- Degree/Diploma in Fashion Design- specializing in technical elements
If you're ready for a challenge and this sounds like you, apply now
- Click here to complete the form now.
- Send your updated CV to email@example.com
- Send a short video no more than 5min answering the following questions
- Introduce yourself and your past experience in fashion
- What particular fashion job appeals to you and why
- What do you like to do in your spare time
- What appeals to you about working at Sample Room
Please note, only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the vacancy will be contacted in relation to their application.